Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A lot of you upset me

Go down 
+2
Sail
Xenoxia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenoxia

A lot of you upset me Empty
PostSubject: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:13 pm

I may have said some harsh things about Sail's characters but I have /never/ full out attacked him like I've seen so many of you do (Maybe the odd joking jape.). Infact, I'm half ready to think that half of you are either racist because he's russian or you're taking the fact you dislike his characters IC and taking it all OOC and hating on him for that. Infact, i'd be inclined to say that Sail's chars (While stupid acting) actually gave people something to actually RP to. Which is upsetting because half of you would just ignore him and do your own thing because half of you didn't think it was worth roleplaying with him. I dislike how - https://imgur.com/a/IHcg9 - Is somehow apparently "Disrespecting the admin team." because I'd love to know how Legion was somehow upset by that, so upset by it that he needed to post it on Imgur and use it as a reason to ban him alongside a PM joke that wasn't even carried out; as he said.

Yet again I've witnessed something where I have to say that his ban felt like bullshit again, I once ended on the backend of his previous ban on Singularity where he was banned for a misunderstanding; not only that but things were simply made up that wasn't even there. I'll use an example I've saw of his so called 'bad behaviour' I've seen from Singularity. - http://pastebin.com/3tjAJCHv - This right here is supposedly incredibly bad behaviour and caused his ban on Singularity, which might I add I've seen so MANY people say even worse crap than what Sail has said. A lot of it has been said to Sail himself, someone got hostile with him and he got hostile back; can you really blame him? I know similar events have happened on here apparently, thus why I thought it was relevant. Just saying, I find it sad that you all justify your behaviour held against him and then get pissy and upset if he does something similar back at you. I mean come on, Sophia decided to stab him after he insulted her character; why? Oh I know why, because people dislike him OOCly and use it as a reason to instantly jump his bones for anything he does even remotely bad.

I've seen so many other people do worse things OOC and have them overlooked, simply because their characters are more wanted/worthy and that upsets me. For example, if someone who was a Senior NCO or CO on the other MERP server (Or an OOC admin) came up with an idea for something; they would more than likely actually have it run through and succeed, even if it was stupid as hell. But if an Enlisted or a junior NCO suggested something, it was quickly thrown away as one of the most stupidest ideas ever. (E.G, when Dio told me that I was stupid for suggesting we split up a bit more and have more eyes over other areas; setting up tripwires or proximity beacons. That and we should have split up incase they used explosives. Anyway, I was told stupid and not a few moments later we were under attack from rocket launchers and explosives and the people who were in the medbay who I asked to go down and help also... Well they nearly died, as did a lot of others; because legit ideas were neglected. And not soon after that, the other ideas I came up with were put into practice by a senior NCO/CO much later after it was all over. Anyway, I digress.) I hope I don't see anything like this happen on this server, but I have this feeling it more than likely will; from a few things I've saw already.

So far, yes I know it's only been two days, but I've yet to be truly impressed by this server either. No ones been given jobs, when we gave out our names and specialties when we got on the ship I was half expecting there to be several events right after where people were gathered together in their specialties and told to do some things. Or be used when things actually went bad on the ship, the only event I saw of this happening was when some Qaurians had some servers put infront of them and told to fix them because of that fire. Our first event was a map change, waiting for the admin to get back on after a crash, walking into a building while people complained of noises ooc and then moving three small boxes of red sand not even worthy of the size of our giant confusing smuggler ship. The only people involved in that was admins and a few people who chose they wanted to pick up some boxes, very interesting. Even shore leave on the Citadel had more event than that.
Back to top Go down
Sail

Sail

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:21 pm

This.
Back to top Go down
http://drtraumaty.weebly.com
Nazz

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:46 pm

My opinion is probably not very positive for someone on the member of staff, and I'm more than willing to resign if I can't keep my position as a result of my opinion. One I strongly believe in and stand behind.

Call me a douchebag, but the person you're trying to defend isn't wanted here, and the talks I've had with members of the staff team fortify that. They were given a chance in the name of fairness and they've absolutely desecrated the trust that was given to them. I can say the exact same thing about more than a few people who've decided they wanted to sling shit in this community in the same way that they did back at Singularity. So in the interest of preserving this new community's dignity, I'm going to go ahead and point at the elephant in the room.

Sail is an egregious little troublemaker who goes fishing for sympathizers like you, Xeno. People who are going to play a little goddamn violin in the interest of stroking his ego so that he can smirk a shitty little grin behind his screen after he hooks you in the jaw with his godawful, pathetic little pathos cards. A tumblr-ian with the interest of making the administration team feel like dickheads for telling him what is and is not acceptable on -their own server-.

Sorry, let me reiterate for the simpletons.

It is apparently not okay to pick and choose who you want playing on your own private server. (see this ugly horse-shit for reference -- it's a link, click it and feel sad that you got called out on the internet)

In whose coked-up fuckin' fantasy did that become the norm? If you don't like how the owner of the server runs his own server, I can promise you nobody except the people who sit in Discord with you will contest it, because defending people causing problems is begging for these problems to repeat themselves. I'd like to think that I've been professional and respectful with you and your group. Between your attempt to make everyone quit Singularity and the disgusting, meme-ing antics that your group of friends brings to the table, I've been pretty tolerant! But I think this is the time that I need to finally step up and say something.

This roleplay belongs to the people who started it. We administrators, and the players especially are just along for the ride and tend to help out where we can. It's their vision, not ours. Help them manifest their ideas or resign, don't throw a wrench into the machine simply because you don't like it. There's are words for that. Scumbags, degenerates, and those are the kinds of people who aren't wanted here. People who want want want but won't change if they had a gun to their head.

While I can't speak for them, I think it would be safe to say -- or at least assume, that they (the owners) wouldn't care if we had eight, ten, or twenty players, so long as the story was good, the character development rich, and the plot engaging enough for them to want to keep paying for the server and taking time out of their lives to host such a thing. The few who appreciate tend to be regarded much better than the many who chastise. I count the people hosting this as my friends, and whether I like what they're doing or not should not affect how they conduct their own affairs on their own server. If I don't like it, I'm free to leave at any time, as is anyone else who finds they aren't having a good time as a result of the over-all conduct on the ownership's behalf.

In a short consensus; Get your shit together and take the hits or quit. The meme-squad won't be missed.
Back to top Go down
Sail

Sail

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Nazz wrote:
My opinion is probably not very positive for someone on the member of staff, and I'm more than willing to resign if I can't keep my position as a result of my opinion. One I strongly believe in and stand behind.

Call me a douchebag, but the person you're trying to defend isn't wanted here, and the talks I've had with members of the staff team fortify that. They were given a chance in the name of fairness and they've absolutely desecrated the trust that was given to them. I can say the exact same thing about more than a few people who've decided they wanted to sling shit in this community in the same way that they did back at Singularity. So in the interest of preserving this new community's dignity, I'm going to go ahead and point at the elephant in the room.

Sail is an egregious little troublemaker who goes fishing for sympathizers like you, Xeno. People who are going to play a little goddamn violin in the interest of stroking his ego so that he can smirk a shitty little grin behind his screen after he hooks you in the jaw with his godawful, pathetic little pathos cards. A tumblr-ian with the interest of making the administration team feel like dickheads for telling him what is and is not acceptable on -their own server-.

Sorry, let me reiterate for the simpletons.

It is apparently not okay to pick and choose who you want playing on your own private server. (see this ugly horse-shit for reference -- it's a link, click it and feel sad that you got called out on the internet)

In whose coked-up fuckin' fantasy did that become the norm? If you don't like how the owner of the server runs his own server, I can promise you nobody except the people who sit in Discord with you will contest it, because defending people causing problems is begging for these problems to repeat themselves. I'd like to think that I've been professional and respectful with you and your group. Between your attempt to make everyone quit Singularity and the disgusting, meme-ing antics that your group of friends brings to the table, I've been pretty tolerant! But I think this is the time that I need to finally step up and say something.

This roleplay belongs to the people who started it. We administrators, and the players especially are just along for the ride and tend to help out where we can. It's their vision, not ours. Help them manifest their ideas or resign, don't throw a wrench into the machine simply because you don't like it. There's are words for that. Scumbags, degenerates, and those are the kinds of people who aren't wanted here. People who want want want but won't change if they had a gun to their head.

While I can't speak for them, I think it would be safe to say -- or at least assume, that they (the owners) wouldn't care if we had eight, ten, or twenty players, so long as the story was good, the character development rich, and the plot engaging enough for them to want to keep paying for the server and taking time out of their lives to host such a thing. The few who appreciate tend to be regarded much better than the many who chastise. I count the people hosting this as my friends, and whether I like what they're doing or not should not affect how they conduct their own affairs on their own server. If I don't like it, I'm free to leave at any time, as is anyone else who finds they aren't having a good time as a result of the over-all conduct on the ownership's behalf.

In a short consensus; Get your shit together and take the hits or quit. The meme-squad won't be missed.

To be great is to be misunderstood.

Last edited by Sail on Sun May 15, 2016 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Oh wow, how nice of you to rear your head Nazz.

You know what's fucking hypocritcal? When you tell me on steam before that I should voice my opinions and concerns on the forum, while sure this isn't singularity I'm sure what you said very much applies. But oh wait, here you are acting like a /dick/ and telling me I should just sit there and take it instead of voicing my problems?

Also, my attempt to get people to quit singularity? Holy fucking hell why the hell would you think that? I never did such a thing, I got upset once over Toppys actions and very quickly soon after apologised because at the time I over-reacted. I never ONCE tried to get people to leave and if so god I could I would be on Singularity right now. If anything I'd be more likely to get people to leave /this/ server and get them to go back to Singularity, but I'm not an asshole like that.
Back to top Go down
Nazz

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:00 am

Since I'm already on a roll, really, I'll further my opinion. The Discord group is what's going to bring this server down, just like it did to Singularity. If you guys are that adamant about it being better, I promise I won't ask you to stay a second time if that's really how you feel about it. Though, I would like to note that there's a huge difference between voicing concerns genuine to the server's benefit and then defending the people who make this server unfun and make even administrators second-guess themselves. The internal conflict this is causing is exactly what the little bastard wants, so why are you appealing to it?

Do I -want- people to quit? I certainly don't, but I do have the best interests for the server at heart. If the server is better off without certain individuals, I'll wave at that ship from the dock. Though, at the end of the day. Good pairs with good and bad pairs with bad, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sail

Sail

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:03 am

Nazz wrote:
Since I'm already on a roll, really, I'll further my opinion. The Discord group is what's going to bring this server down, just like it did to Singularity. If you guys are that adamant about it being better, I promise I won't ask you to stay a second time if that's really how you feel about it. Though, I would like to note that there's a huge difference between voicing concerns genuine to the server's benefit and then defending the people who make this server unfun and make even administrators second-guess themselves. The internal conflict this is causing is exactly what the little bastard wants, so why are you appealing to it?

Do I -want- people to quit? I certainly don't, but I do have the best interests for the server at heart. If the server is better off without certain individuals, I'll wave at that ship from the dock. Though, at the end of the day. Good pairs with good and bad pairs with bad, I guess.

I do not want "internal conflict." I bring characters that I enjoy and other players enjoy as well, roughly because of the character conflicts that come about, as well as resolutions. It's an art to be able to roleplay as an asshat while not being an asshat OOCly. Can I roleplay decent characters? I have and can, but then things will become boring for both me and players. As Xeno said;

Quote :

cters IC and taking it all OOC and hating on him for that. Infact, i'd be inclined to say that Sail's chars (While stupid acting) actually gave people something to actually RP to

If I wanted to cause harm, I would say it. Trying to claim I am doing things that I didn't only seconds the fallacy of the ban; considering that you are a member of the staff team whom took part in the "vote."

I will also point out something I said in the leaving post on Sing:

Quote :

I do not like how this is so sudden... Nor do I like how everyone else is being tossed aside the way we are.

From what I have seen with our player count, it's been slowly dropping because of AP testing and finals. I have not observed much complaints about how the server is military based, and really do feel we all enjoyed it very much. I myself, being one whom played characters that were not liked by Commanding Officers right off the bat, am one to say I had fun with the server. I understand that there are some /personal/ reasons for this as well. But, seriously, I cannot imagine how it could be impossible to find someone else to own the server. Or, better yet, resolve the problems. I see no justification in throwing in the towel without even trying to interact with the community as a whole to resolve issues.

I am not thrilled at the slightest over this. As someone whom has been roleplaying for five years, this community was doing just fine. Singularity was still thriving, and still has the potential to even despite this act of advertisement. Perhaps with a little more patience instead of jumping the gun, we could see the issues mentioned both behind and in front of closed doors.

Last edited by Sail on Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:04 am

First of all I barely ever even go on the Discord, I've been on it maybe once or twice.

Secondly, you think maybe I voiced what I voiced in the hopes that /maybe/ things could be took into consideration and actually dealt with? You know, instead of people throwing a fit at me and otherwise telling me falacies.

Thirdly, he makes the server unfun? Really? If anything I enjoy Neilar/Jules fuck ups, I might cringe sometimes but otherwise I've laughed my ass off plenty of times from the antics he's created for himself and others.
Back to top Go down
Nazz

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:08 am

Xenoxia wrote:
First of all I barely ever even go on the Discord, I've been on it maybe once or twice.

Secondly, you think maybe I voiced what I voiced in the hopes that /maybe/ things could be took into consideration and actually dealt with? You know, instead of people throwing a fit at me and otherwise telling me falacies.

Thirdly, he makes the server unfun? Really? If anything I enjoy Neilar/Jules fuck ups, I might cringe sometimes but otherwise I've laughed my ass off plenty of times from the antics he's created for himself and others.

You may as well say you laugh at cripples, in that case. It makes the server unfun for a few people, actually. Some people were hesitant to come over solely because of him, you, and a few others. So I don't think that it's a falacy in saying that certain people are not wanted here by the more mature playerbase. It's like letting children into a bar. This is a serious roleplay server. Going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ICly is the antics of a child, not a mature individual. People roleplay to become immersed in their environment, not regurgitate the bullshit that's shouted by a group of teenagers in Discord.

Last edited by Nazz on Mon May 16, 2016 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sail

Sail

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:12 am

Nazz wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:

You may as well say you laugh at cripples, in that case. It makes the server unfun for a few people, actually. Some people were hesitant to come over solely because of him, you, and a few others. So I don't think that it's a falacy in saying that certain people are not wanted here by the more mature playerbase. It's like letting children into a bar.

Your concept of "mature" is the concept of Fareignheight 451; the "normal" people. It is truely saddening to see you not in favor of those in color. But, hey, some people can live in a world of black I suppose. But what will make the server thrive is color in the characters; not same-sames. That would be very boring, to roleplay in a server of same-sames. Not just for those creative in character, but everyone in general.

Interestingly enough, you never interacted me besides that one short-lived conversation I had with you back in Sing. What proof do you have of me and Xeno being OOCly immature, to which is not under the spectrum of satire?

Last edited by Sail on Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:13 am

Really? People were hesitant to come on because of me? Are you kidding me? What have I done so wrong where that would even make sense? You know what? I invite everyone who actually said that or were hesitant to come and talk to me and tell me /why/. Because so far all I've heard was from Legion who said he didn't like how I spoke to an NCO once, when in the matter of fact I didn't speak badly to them I just questioned their thoughts on something.

Also, really; more mature playerbase? Everyone screams at each other in OOC and screams at each other in IC.
Back to top Go down
Crystallized0Rose

Crystallized0Rose

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:14 am

Xenoxia wrote:
Yet again I've witnessed something where I have to say that his ban felt like bullshit again,

Sail was not banned.  He was given a two-day suspension.

Xenoxia wrote:
I once ended on the backend of his previous ban on Singularity where he was banned for a misunderstanding; not only that but things were simply made up that wasn't even there. I'll use an example I've saw of his so called 'bad behaviour' I've seen from Singularity. - http://pastebin.com/3tjAJCHv - This right here is supposedly incredibly bad behaviour and caused his ban on Singularity,

His previous actions on Singularity were not taken into account when deciding to suspend him.

Last edited by Crystallized0Rose on Mon May 16, 2016 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
Back to top Go down
Nazz

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:15 am

Xenoxia wrote:
Really? People were hesitant to come on because of me? Are you kidding me? What have I done so wrong where that would even make sense? You know what? I invite everyone who actually said that or were hesitant to come and talk to me and tell me /why/. Because so far all I've heard was from Legion who said he didn't like how I spoke to an NCO once, when in the matter of fact I didn't speak badly to them I just questioned their thoughts on something.

Also, really; more mature playerbase? Everyone screams at each other in OOC and screams at each other in IC.

I want you to reread that last phrase. It's the same group of people every single time, if you look closely.

Sail wrote:

Your concept of "mature" is the concept of Fareignheight 451; the "normal" people.

Interestingly enough, you never interacted me besides that one short-lived conversation I had with you back in Sing. What proof do you have of me and Xeno being OOCly immature, to which is not under the spectrum of satire?

Maturity is an adulterated opinion. It's not something you post on tumblr or talk about in OOC. It's the way you conduct yourself that doesn't mimic that of a child.
Back to top Go down
Sail

Sail

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:15 am

Crystallized0Rose wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:
Yet again I've witnessed something where I have to say that his ban felt like bullshit again,

Sail was not banned.  He was given a two-day suspension.

Xenoxia wrote:
I once ended on the backend of his previous ban on Singularity where he was banned for a misunderstanding; not only that but things were simply made up that wasn't even there. I'll use an example I've saw of his so called 'bad behaviour' I've seen from Singularity. - http://pastebin.com/3tjAJCHv - This right here is supposedly incredibly bad behaviour and caused his ban on Singularity,

His previous actions on Singularity were not taken into account when deciding to suspend him.

Ban = what you call a "suspension."

Also, Nazz, do kindly look at my previous post. I added more to it.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:18 am

A suspension is very much a ban, regardless of if it's a temporary ban or a permanent ban.

Back to top Go down
Nazz

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:21 am

Sail wrote:

Also, Nazz, do kindly look at my previous post. I added more to it.

If everyone played a character who wasn't generic and normalized by literary standards, the server would be no better than Riot Gaming's "When Worlds Colide", where everyone is special. What gimick is there in that other than seeing who's more special than the next guy? I can sum this up in a single brief phrase,

"Everyone wants to be the guy."

Here's a hint;

It's roleplay.

Nobody gets to be "the guy".

Get over it.

Though, if you have to be special and "different" or sorry -- "unique" to ACTUALLY make a unique character, then you have no artistic talent and should give up on roleplaying. Feel bad, while you're at it.

Anyone with any artistic craft -- any sense of character composition ought to recognize that characters can be average and uninteresting but still BE interesting.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:27 am

I have to say, interesting how you all had to focus on just one part of my message. The fact of Sails ban and none of the other concerns I showed.
Back to top Go down
[Legion]
Admin
[Legion]

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:37 am

This has spiraled into name calling.
I just want to have fun.
Locking thread.
Back to top Go down
https://frontierind.rpg-board.net
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:53 am

My two cents?

Grow the fuck up.

I have no input to give on anything solely because I don't care enough to actually hold one, since I really don't have a negative opinion of anyone, but if you seriously believe that actively harassing someone for their own mistakes continuously outside of the community is going to do anything worthwhile, outside of stroking your obviously disgusting sense of humor, you really need a dozen mental checks for how fucking stupid you actually are.

Sail did a bad, but to me that doesn't make him a bad guy. I don't care about the victimizing or the saltiness, but neither do I want to suddenly pen people down for being shitbags unless they're shitbags.

But that doesn't allow you the right to suddenly target them relentlessly to "get them away".

Neither of you are doing any good by just squeaking at each other and trying to act like the "better argument", so even if the thread is locked, I wanted to instil my own minor opinion. The fellow in question is free to come back and try again, if they so wish to discuss it with the admins, and probably apologise for their attitude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lot of you upset me   A lot of you upset me Empty

Back to top Go down

A lot of you upset me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Applications :: Player Apps :: Denied-
Jump to: