Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Megabnark

Megabnark

The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) Empty
PostSubject: The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)   The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:36 am

Steam Name: Megabnarkia; Megabnark
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41068979
Steam Profile Link: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/megabnark
Rp Experience: 2 years GMOD RP; 4 years other sources.
How did you stumble upon our server?: My friends play on this server, and I enjoy Mass Effect lore and other things, so out of pure curiousity.
Tell me a cool Mass Effect Fact: Asari have three biological stages of life, marked as Maiden, Matron, and Matriarch.

Character Name: Myxyxahin Kyburo
Character Race: Asari
Why did you choose this race?: I enjoy playing Asari, but haven’t had many opportunities to play them. I would like to get another opportunity to play one on this server.
What can your character do for our ship? (Muscle, Maintenance, Triggerman, Comedic Act, etc.): Medicine, voice of reason, and basic combat fighter.
Character Equipment: M-12 Locust. M-3 Predator. Medium armor, Omega made. Medical equipment, which she bought with extra cash before going to the Geisha.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Strengths: Pragmatic thinker, due to her reason of making opinions and fair thoughts after a short process.
Excels in talks based on charisma, meaning she can often find a way to be diplomatic, if conflict can be avoided.
Patient, meaning she can wait when there is no need of attacking anyone, as she perceives it.
Natural biotics, which she received from her asari mother.
Weaknesses: Pragmatic, her thoughts are usually critical and based on thoughts, rather than feelings.
Overly focused on certain aspects of the future rather than present, meaning she can often not think in the moment.
Can be too patient, as her kin would suggest, meaning that she can over think what she wants her next action to be, and cost herself certain aspects of missions/projects.
Easily excitable, meaning that she can often get scared or ready to fight, even when certain things aren't going to happen whatsoever.
Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative!):
Myxyxahin Kyburo was born in 1989 C.E. As one of the less smart of her local areas, in her schooling, which was based around her local homes, she didn’t excel. She was able to meet expectations, yet she could never truly surpass and drift into excellence. She met the workload enough to receive maximum credit, but she would never attempt at creating a more improved version of what was required. However, she was more creatively minded. Growing up, she would rather do things that challenged the mind and had her own unique input - drawing, word searches, and those other sort of nifty things. She would rather do those, than work on schoolwork and focus on excelling above all requirements. After reaching a certain age, she talked to her mother about how to learn and access her biotics, which, she was taught, and began to train them.
   She did this for as long as she must have needed to do it. Myxyxahin favored her ability to create things, yet later, she found out a couple things with a very critical assumption. What she had discovered was that life revolved around money and how to acquire it. She focused on this fact, and, rather than question why life was like this, she instead kept this assumption. Nobly, she did not let it bother her and surround her ability to think and corner. Myxyxahin favored saving lives and later focused on studying medicine, however, she only did so briefly. The reason for its briefness may have been different than expected, however, due to the fact that she would rather have done something that appealed her likeness a little more.
   The appeal for more seemed a little more intriguing to her, so she began to become a “sellsword”. During this, she would complete various jobs as a mercenary, only working for herself, meanwhile developing her biotics during her work. She did not affiliate herself with any other organizations, and would rather have done things on her own. She liked the commando/mercenary lifestyle, and thus stuck to it for many years. During this time, she amassed quite a bit of money, but ultimately found that she favored jobs that involved rescues and enacting revenge on another’s behalf. Myxyxahin favored her time during this period, and kept doing specifically jobs like this. She was able to use her excess money to acquire armor and weapons, and to have them serviced as she needed them to be serviced.
   She was not very promiscuous during her time as a mercenary. She mainly preferred to travel places alone, and to live alone in places only when she needed to live there. While living in these places, she still fed her creative spirit. Her creative spirit asked that she draw, read, and write. Because of this, she kept a journal. Keeping this journal allowed her to record her thoughts as they came along, but often came in the format of “word vomit”. Due to this, her structure is very errant and non-linear. She may end up skipping years of her life between entries, for reasons she would not explain. However, she was very critical, and thus did not make any friends.
   Since she did not have many friends, she often kept quiet. Keeping quiet, however, left her brain rather critical of things and people. A lot of her opinions are often misinformed, and wasteful. Later, though, around the year 105 of her life, she did become more social, and often began to pay attention to the news and what happened in the life around her. Rather than fully devote her focus to these things, she still kept doing her mercenary work, eventually doing embezzlement and jobs involving more shady businesses. Smuggling, assassinations, and much more shady work. However, she did finish her schooling on medical things on the side. This teaching was somewhat everything on medicine, and she fully became a doctor, meaning she understood enough to take care of patients and perform surgeries.
   After finishing her schooling in medicine, she looked for a new job and figured she would settle down in one job and work with a consistent pay. She looked for quite some time, and, often enough, those jobs were still just as short lived as her earlier “one and done” job scheme. Myxyxahin continued looking, keeping in touch with various informational sources to snatch any job that came available. Eventually, she heard of job openings on the Geisha from one of her sources, and thus immediately jumped on the offer. She hoped it would be what she looked for, for many years. At this time, she had just turned one-hundred ninety-four, and was ready to keep the other half of her early life going.

Last edited by Megabnark on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystallized0Rose

Crystallized0Rose

The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)   The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Well look who it is!  XD  About time you joined us mate.  Now, let's get down to the dirty deed of assessing your app...

Megabnark wrote:
Character Equipment: M-12 Locust. M-3 Predator. Spectre-IV Armor. Medical equipment.

First and most unsettling contention; how did your asari end up with Spectre armor?  I may have missed some details in the backstory but I saw no explanation of how she acquired this.

Megabnark wrote:
Strengths: Pragmatic thinker. Excels in talks based on charisma. Patient.

Weaknesses: Pragmatic. Overly focused on certain aspects of the future rather than present. Can be too patient, as her kin would suggest.

While I understand a strength potentially being a weakness, can you explain exactly how being pragmatic and patient is a strength and then how, at the same time, it's a weakness?  Usually with traits like that, either it's a strength because the positives outweigh the negatives or it's a weakness because the negatives outweigh the positives.  

If she is one you plan to use in combat events too, would it be possible to add a few physical strengths and weaknesses in addition to the mental ones?
Back to top Go down
Megabnark

Megabnark

PostSubject: Re: The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)   The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 pm

I don't especially understand armor. I may as well go ahead and be vague with my armor choice, and just use the models at my disposal. And I understand the weaknesses. I may as well add some more.
Back to top Go down
Crystallized0Rose

Crystallized0Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)   The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 pm

The equipment definitely looks better now.  The strengths and weaknesses are still a bit iffy, but passable.  I wish you didn't have two of them repeat in those categories.

That said, you added in some more as well.  So with that, Myxyxahin is ACCEPTED

Accepted App:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)   The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Morning War was an Inside Job - Advent MEC, 2016 (Posted by Megabnark, my APP)
Page 1 of 1